I don’t do the “reblogging” thing since that can confuse the issue of authorship, so I’ll just link:
This article was written by a friend of mine, and I think he makes a lot of good points. In fact, his blog in general is worth reading–he’s more politically-minded than I am but he makes lots of wise points.
In other news, I *had* recorded a third (and final) video about comic books, this one specifically talking about Watchmen, but I can’t post it today–I tried to but something went wrong in the uploading. I’ll have to upload it tomorrow.
I feel like I’m focusing too much on comics lately, so sometime later I wanted to start focusing on non-comic-book stuff that needs to be taken down a peg… or raised up a peg.
Here’s a brief list of subject matter I’ve considered:
for the “Needs to be taken down a peg” side:
– Miyazaki movies
– Cop shows
– House (the doctor)
– the Fantasy novel genre
– American morality
– American animation
– Tekkaman Blade, one of the worst anime I’ve ever seen.
For the “needs more love” category:
– Sentai shows
– classic PC gaming
– My cat, Yoyo
– the original, PSX version of Medal of Honor
– video game versions of Go
– Cardcaptor Sakura
– He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (the original, not the crap remake)
– the USA Network Street Fighter cartoon
– any anime I happen to have on hand.
… And I might accept requests, if the alignment of the stars allows it.