So, all of you who had been waiting to hear from me these last three days… I was at a friend’s house all weekend.
It was awesome. The highlights were:
1. Getting him hooked on Hikaru no Go.
2. Going shopping and finding a used (and virtually untarnished) DVD of Akira Kurosawa’s The Hidden Fortress for $3.99
3. Co-opping through Raiden II.
4. Talking for an hour or so about how Nazis are overused in video games… and then I wanted to play Medal of Honor.
5. Playing the best game of Dungeons & Dragons ever with his wife as the DM. Seriously, now that I’ve seen what its like in the hands of a not-shitty DM I suddenly like role-playing.
One plan that kind of got nipped in the bud was we had intended to marathon through the third season of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Since he has neither cable/satellite nor home internet, he had never seen most episodes before. But we ran short on time and decided to skip right to the season finale, which I considered the only “must-see” since it’s a huge turning point in the series.
And, ummm… I recorded their reaction:
I was actually kinda scared. I thought I was gonna come back here and find tons of comic fans had spammed the “Why I Hate Comics” entry, and was pleased to find that there hadn’t actually been that much activity.
Yoyo missed me though. Poor kitty.
Anyway, back to gaming! (I hope…)